The creation of a book celebrating Dr. Chris' life is currently underway and we would love to have more comments. Please leave a comment about how Chris has touched your life so that it may be published. You can also email comments and pictures to slimnsom@aol.com.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Having prctically grown up in the Christoffersen home I have very fond memories of Dr. Chris, the gentle giant. I will always remember lake trips in the big blue boat, ski trips to Brianhead, his passion for scouting, and how he always had a wave and a smile for everyone. I was part of that fatefull 50 mile Boy Scout backpacking trip that Dr. Chris endured at 65 years old, and I can attest to the fact that while he wasn't the fastest on the trail at that point in his life, that in his wisdom and love for the outdoors, he enjoyed the trip far more than any of us scouts did. In all the years that I knew Dr. Chris growing up and especially while he served in various capacities in the Boy Scouts or Young Men's Program I never once saw him loose his temper. As young, stupid, and obnoxious boys we certainly managed to frustrate him at times, but he always held it together and never said to us the things that I'm sure were in his mind and on the tip of his tounge.
While I can't explain why, there is one very specific memory of Dr. Chris has left an indelible impression upon me for more than two decades now. Around a scout camp fire one night he bore a very strong and sweet testimony of the restored gospel and his love for the Savior and then told us of an opportunity that he had shortly before or maybe just after he was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints to meet Elder Howard W. Hunter, who would later serve as the Prophet and President of the Church. Dr. Chris had been invited to a church meeting by a friend and at the end of the meeting the friend and Dr. Chris pushed their way to the front of the meeting hall and the friend introduced Dr. Chris to Elder Hunter and explained to Elder Hunter that Dr. Chris would soon be baptized or had just been baptized. Elder Hunter took Dr. Chris by the hand, looked into his eyes, and told him, "If you live it, you will love it."
For some reason I have never forgotten this specific story he told and because of Dr. Chris' example of "living it and loving it" I found Elder Hunters words to be true in my own life as well. I will miss you Dr. Chris...
Steven Terry
Las Vegas, NV
Post a Comment